Newborn Education Services & Training Complaints Procedure
Newborn Education Services & Training is committed to giving to you the best student experience possible.
To register a complaint:
1. In the first instance, the student should communicate said complaint in writing to The Panel, Newborn Education Services & Training, H.O. 6 Bredon Road, Gloucester GL20 5BZ. The complaint will be considered by a Panel of independent assessors for due consideration.
2. A complaint is defined as a written expression of dissatisfaction by one or more students about N E S T’s action, or lack of action.
3. You can expect N E S T to deal with a complaint seriously, fairly, within a reasonable timescale and, where appropriate, in confidence.
4. It is important that, prior to engaging with the Complaints Policy and Procedures, you have a clear understanding of what the procedure is, what it involves and the outcomes it can and cannot deliver.
5. Where an incident does not clearly fall under any one policy, for example a case relating to both an appeal and a complaint which will need to be dealt with via two or more separate procedures.
6. The Student Complaints Policy and Procedure does not cover the following:
• Requests for new or different services, or
• Matters of academic judgement (the considered view of an appropriately qualified and experienced subject specialist on your academic performance. This could relate to: learning outcomes, the award of marks for an assessment, fitness to practise and or research methodology)
• Appeals against the decision not to offer a place to an applicant, including matters of judgement about an applicant’s suitability to study a programme; applicants can only appeal on the grounds of a potential irregularity in the implementation of the Admissions Policy
To report an incident:
1. If an incident has occurred which has affected your experience, please let us know in writing within six weeks of the incident.
1. N E S T welcomes the views of its students. A student may provide feedback which will be useful to us when reviewing our policies and operations, without using the Complaints procedure. Students are encouraged to provide feedback in a prompt and constructive manner.